The City Manager is the administrative head of the municipal government responsible only to the Council. Responsibilities as outlined in the Guthrie City Charter and job description include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct the City workforce, including the appointment of department heads and staff, in order to apply and enforce city ordinances established by Council
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the Fiscal City Budget which includes approving the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Manage the development and implementation of the City goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each assigned service area
- Recommend to the Council measures considered important and explain, justify, and defend City programs, policies, and activities
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquires and complaints which oftentimes involves negotiating and resolving sensitive and controversial issues
- Represent the City and coordinate activities with other elected officials, departments, and agencies
For more information, please contact (405) 282-0496.